It’s been about a month now since Fire Emblem Heroes released, and admittedly it seems like the hype around the game has died down rather quickly. Still, Intelligent Systems has been keen to keep the game updated with a regular supply of new events and heroes, and it seems that a rather large update is set to make a change.
Here’s the list of new features and tweaks:
- Inherit Skill: When merging duplicate allies, the disposed hero will pass on all of their skills to the hero that’s receiving the boost.
- Hero Merit: Heroes that take part in battles will earn Hero Merit and, once enough Hero Merit is accrued, this can be used to acquire Hero Feathers.
- New Combat Rules: Two new rule sets are coming: Defense—which will see you defending against enemy attacks for a certain number of turns—and Reinforcements—which will see enemy reinforcements appearing on the map as the battle goes on.
- Adjustments to Arena Scores and Matchmaking: Matchmaking will now be based on four values: character levels and star ratings, number of bonuses gained by using Merge Allies, total base stats after removing all skills, and equipped skills. Also, awarded scores will be slightly raised for all difficulty.
- Bonus Hero Descriptions: If you tap on a Bonus Hero in the arena, a description for them will appear
- Notification Display Adjustments: Notifications will now only display automatically once per day
- New Ways to Expand Hero Abilities: A new, secret item will be introduced which will slightly expand abilities. More details to come.
Also, there’s some sort of permadeath mode in the works, though the details are still under wraps.
What do you think? Do you still play Fire Emblem Heroes? How do these changes sound? Drop us a comment in the section below.