Developer Dead Mage has announced Tale of Ronin, a samurai RPG coming to PS4, Xbox One, PC, Mac, and Linux at an undisclosed date.
According to Dead Mage, it’s extreme interest in Samurao culture and RPG games with great player freedom led it to Tale of Ronin. With the game, its aim is to focus on the unique human aspects of the fierce warriors which have not been portrayed very much in the medium of video games.
Here’s a brief overview of the game, courtesy of Dead Mage:
Tale of Ronin is a game about the human side of the Samurai. Live as a Ronin, survive the consequences of your choices in a dynamic world of turmoil and violence. An RPG game about camaraderie and betrayal, about war and peace, and above all honor, coming to PC and consoles.
- A dynamic world to explore and create your own story as a free Ronin.
- Focus on the human side of the Samurai and the role of their personal emotions in their adventures and combat.
- Simultaneous turn-based combat system that includes the details of Katana swordsmanship.
- Sekai System, you die, the world lives: play the story of a new Ronin in the same world after each death.
- Unique traditional Sumi-e art style providing a hand painted inky look and feel.
- A world setting standing on a fine line between reality and fantasy.
A price point has not been divulged. But a reveal trailer has: you can check it out below.